- Hot, spicy and full-flavored
- Grows milder in storage
- Huge bulbs with a stunning rich burgundy-purple skin, each containing about 5-8 large cloves per bulb
German Red Garlic
This spicy garlic with an oniony flavor came to this country over a hundred years ago with German immigrants. Its strong heat is like a hot pepper.
- Makes an excellent salsa.
- Approximately 8 purple-and-brown-skinned cloves per bulb
Red Chesnok Garlic
- A fairly well adapted variety from the former USSR
- This flavorful garlic is nice and full, but with a mellow aftertaste
- Does not store as well as some others (maximum holding time is about 6 months)
- Intense flavor that remains even when cooked
- About 8-10 cloves per bulb
- An aromatic, slightly spicy, incredibly flavorful garlic
- Potent heat that is balanced by the spiciness.
- Use in mashed potatoes or with seafood.
- Produces between 4–6 large, easy to peel cloves per bulb, with shiny-white sheaths and pink-tinged clove skins